Lost your focus? Try enhancing your cognitive function with these SUPER FOODS!
We can all admit that as students we sometimes tend to lose focus. We need to realize that we need to stay away from junk food or any foods that are high in saturated fats, which will increase the loss of focus and fatigue. There have been certain super foods (functional foods that are high in nutritional value and their ability to help against certain diseases) that have been found to improve cognitive function.
To counteract loss of focus, try adding these foods in some of your meals or as a snack.
1. Walnuts – contain alpha-linoleic acid, which increases blood flow, allowing more oxygen to reach the brain.
2. Olive oil – good source of monounsaturated fat
3. Berries – berries are extremely healthy with high levels of antioxidants, vitamins, and much more.
4. Sardines – contain EPA and DHA Omega 3 Fatty Acids
5. Coffee – in moderate amounts can improve brain function due to its antioxidants
6. Spinach – contains the antioxidant lutein, which has been shown to improve brain function
7. Dark Chocolate – contains high levels of flavonoids
8. Avocados – also high in monounsaturated fats
9. Wheat Germ – high levels of choline which helps with the production of acetylcholine (a neurotransmitter)
10. Beets – good source of nitrate
11. Garlic – counteracts some types of brain tumours
12. WATER – most of the time we just lose focus due to dehydration
Check out the more detailed article at the following link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/18/brain-food-superfoods_n_1895328.html#slide=1540816